I thought I’d provide my laundry list of questions I had for each of the doctors I spoke with. And yes, some questions are pretty girly. 🙂 But it could help you start your list of questions if this is something you’re considering.
– How long am I out of the ocean? (are you really surprised this was the first question out of my mouth?)
– Even after the 2-3 weeks after surgery, is the pressure at depth while diving something I need to worry about in the healing process?
– If I can’t dive, can I do anything else for exercise? Like my hot Yoga class?
– Do I need to take time off work?
– How many surgeries have you performed?
– How many of those people needed vision “touch-ups” years later?
– How long have you been doing the lasik procedures?
– Do you provide other eye care solutions or are you solely a Lasik center?
– What’s the healing process like?
– What’s the number 1 mistake your patients make after surgery? Can it be fixed?
– I’m worried about blinking during surgery. How do you deal with that?
– What should I expect pain wise during and after surgery?
– What kind of anxiety medication do you use?
– What are the shower rules?
– How long till I can wear eye makeup?
– What about regular face makeup?
– When can I use my eyelash curler again? (I told you these were girly)
– How do I deal with morning eye crunchies? (hehe I was giggling as I asked that one)
– Is eye cream safe to use? (Damn you wrinkles!!!)
– How long can I milk the “getting taken care of because I just had surgery”? 😀
– You said my eyes would feel dry the first few weeks after surgery. can I start taking my allergy meds again as needed?
– What’s the probability of needing Lasik again, say in 10 years?
– I notice a lot of places offer a “Lifetime Insurance Policy” upgrade. Do I really need it? Why would you recommend it?
– If you could be any vegetable, what would you be and why? (just kidding, but I do think that’s a really good indirect personality question on how someone sees themselves)